The Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC) is the sole body responsible for final decision making at the school relating to the implementation of the components of the School Performance Excellence Plan. The EESAC's function is to bring together all stakeholders and involve them in an authentic role in decisions which affect instruction and the delivery of programs.
· Must be composed of the principal, teachers, education support employees, students, parents, and business/community representatives.
· Must be representative of the ethnic, racial, linguistic, disabled, and economic community served by the school.
· Must have a majority of members who do not work at the school.
· ESE must be represented.
· LEP parents should be included when possible.
· PTA/PTSA representative may be a named member.
· Adult/vocational programs must be represented.
Selection of EESAC Members
· Teachers elect teachers.
· Parents elect parents.
· Students elect students.
· Educational support employees elect educational support employee.
· Principal appoints business/community representative -- to ensure council diversity.
· Principal and UTD designated steward are automatic members.